The Science Department develops and coordinates the implementation of standards-based documents, instructional materials, and support for instructional planning and delivery at all sites. The California Framework provides guidance for implementation of the adopted Science Standards. California Department of Education also provides guidance for the transition to the Next Generation Science Standards (NGSS) including the Disciplinary Core Ideas, Cross Cutting Concepts and Science and Engineering Practices. Our work is to support teachers as they provide all students with 21st century science skills.
Leslie Worton, K-12 Science Manager
Top Links for Students
ATLAS Student Portal allows you to check your grades, attendance, and all of the badges you’ve been earning for being a great student. Log in often to keep a close eye on your progress!
Are you ready to show off how much you know about science? Students in grades 5, 8, 11, and 12 will participate this spring in the first official science test, based on our new science standards. You can review practice questions at this link for a sneak peak! CA Science Test- online practice test
How much do you know about energy? Did you know there are different kinds? Check out this website resource to learn and review more!
Top Links for Parents
What is my student learning?
- Short Video on NGSS- English
- Short Video on NGSS- Spanish Subtitles
- Next Generation Science Standards
- NGSS Parent Resources
- Science Shifts in 6-8 grades
- Science Shifts in 9-12 grades
How is my student doing?
Top Links for Teachers
- Vetted Lessons
- CA Science Test (CAST)- online practice test
- CA Science Test- How to Access.docx
- How to read the standards (6:51) video or PDF
- NGSS Resource Library
- Free NGSS classroom materials for 6th-8th grade teachers from Fresno Metro Flood
Website Resource- Energy